Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Place setter crack

I've had my place setter since Feb. and noticed a crack in it this morning. Can anyone tell me if they come with a warranty like the Egg?

Comments

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Mine cracked at 11 months old and they replaced it for free.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    the warranty is the same as your egg. as long as it is not a crack from abuse.if you dropped it or set it down to hard you will have to replace it yourself. contact your dealer for more info. mine has a crack in it but i am waiting on it to completly fall apart before i figure out what to do .

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    3 year warranty. I had two crack and both were replaced. I just called my dealer and he contacted BGE. I had to email a picture of the plate setter.
  • A2Z
    A2Z Posts: 99
    @IrishDevil  I see 3 year warranty?  What does the egg's "lifetime" warranty mean?  3 years is not a very long time.

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    "Lifetime" warranty is for the egg and its components...the platesetter is an accessory, not a component...carries a different warranty.
  • A2Z
    That is interesting.  When I contacted BGE about my gasket, they said I was within a year of purchase and they sent me  a replacement.  I guess seeing how the gasket was a component  of the egg when I purchased it, it would be a lifetime replacement item as well?  My conversation with them leads me to think otherwise.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Read this....clear as can be...sorry, I would cut and paste, but I'm on iPad and it would be one long unformatted paragraph...lifetime limited warranty on egg, 3 years on platesetter, pizza stone, etc, 1 year on gasket. http://www.biggreenegg.com/support/warranty/
  • EGC71
    EGC71 Posts: 29
    Thanks for the help everyone
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Yes, three years for plate setter. Only issue I had was the dealer kept asking me what I was doing wrong because they never had an issue in the past. Not sure what to do if it happens for the third time.
  • A2Z
    Lifetime is a term used a little too often.  Sears used to cover their craftsman tools with a "lifetime" warranty as well.  Bought a craftsman flashlight, took it back when it quit working and they showed me on the back of the package it does not cover their tools made in CHINA

Buyers beware  Read, Read, Read 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    A2Z said:
    Lifetime is a term used a little too often.  Sears used to cover their craftsman tools with a "lifetime" warranty as well.  Bought a craftsman flashlight, took it back when it quit working and they showed me on the back of the package it does not cover their tools made in CHINA

Buyers beware  Read, Read, Read 
    I am often quite surprised how often I've seen questions like this post. Not meaning any disrespect to anyone, but how can you buy anything that costs as much as a BGE and not fully understand what the warranty is on the specific parts? My dealer was great, because I asked, he pulled out a copy of the warranty and went through everything, including the fact some things are 1 year, somethings are 3 year, somethings are 5 year and somethings until the original purchaser dies. BGE makes good products with good consumer protection, but the consumer has to read and understand the warranty and most importantly, register the product. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • A2Z
    edited October 2012
    Seeing how the egg costs as much as it does, I was expecting a more comprehensive warranty.
    The dealer I purchased from did absolutely nothing to explain things like the warranty. It was give me the money and get the hell out.  I have not darkened his door since or ever will. 

Customers who have had the pleasure of buying from a knowledgeable and helpful dealer are indeed very fortunate.

Buyer beware   Read, Read, Read

Does seem interesting you quoted only my comment about craftsman and not the egg, especially when telling me what I should know about the egg warranty

I do appreciate your input and agree I am at fault for not knowing
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Was not trying to lay blame, was quoting because you gave a great example, Sears. Craftsman tools are lifetime, UNLESS MADE IN CHINA! As you point out "Read, Read, Read". I was lucky to get a good egg dealer, even though I had to cross a border to find them. 

You make the point very well, read the information on warranty, no matter what you buy, an egg or a flashlight, as I used to say in business, "we are in violent agreement". 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!