Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Turn for Meatloaf (pics)

Options
Mighty_Quinn
Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
While everyone was making meatloaf last week, I was getting inspired. I'm not sure who it was that did the puff pastry wrapped meatloaf 'Wellington', but thank you for the inspiration!!! We had company last night so I did two different ones.... Started with a sofrito of red and green bell peppers, onion and garlic Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos When that was cool, added it to 3lbs ground chuck, 1lb ground pork, breadcrumbs, a couple eggs Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos One to be wrapped in a bacon weave, the other will partially cook naked and then get the puff pastry treatment to finish Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos All done....cooked indirect at 300 with cherry and pecan wood for smoke until 140ish internal and then bumped up to 400 to finish once wrapped in pastry...about 2 hours total. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Plated with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, green beans and a salad. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments