Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

BGE accessories

What are your must have accessories?

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 4,853
    IMHO, a plate setter (or equivalent) is the first must have, it lets you cook indirect with adequate temp control using a calibrated dome thermo. Remove it and you are set to grill direct. If the equivalent to the setter was an adjustable rig, you can also grill raised direct. 
    The second most important accessory is a quality instant read thermo, like a Thermapen. 

After these must haves, everything else becomes a matter of taste.
    Delta B.C., Canuckistan - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 25,577

I agree with skiddy but you are much better off to invest in the adjustable rig combo with the woo ring. That will get you everything you need for any kind of cook.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skip the platesetter.  Adjustable Rig combo with spider and stone.  Thermapen for sure.  Then a really good cooler for your beer.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Skip the platesetter.  Adjustable Rig combo with spider and stone.  Thermapen for sure.  Then a really good cooler for your beer.
    May I make a small correction here?  Two coolers are needed.  One is cold for your drinks, one stays warm & reserved for FTC your Egged treasures.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.