Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

58lbs of pork butt follow-up

Options
Fire Walker
Fire Walker Posts: 241
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

To recap events of the past cook. On Wednesday my brother in-law asked me if it wouldn't be to much trouble if I would cook some pork butts for him, without thinking I said sure no problem. to paraphrase a line from Uncle Buck "for an imposition this big one can only ask a family member". I should have asked the three major questions before saying yes. Who, what and when. The who was my brother-in-laws sons entire Football team= 90members, the what was a parent player diner and the when was Thursday night not in a week but tomorrow. That night my brother-in-law shows up at 7:00pm with 58lbs of boneless pork butts=8 and all the ingredients for Coleslaw, Rub and my special sauce. The fire was built and the butts where on and sauce made by 10:00pm, dinners is at 5:30pm the next day. The butts where done at 11:00am, I cooked them at a temp higher temp than normal 240 degrees fearing that they wouldn’t be done in time. Double wrapped them in foil and put them in a cooler with warm towels. When we pulled them at 5:00 they still were so hot you couldn’t handle them with bare hands. At 6:00 the on slot ensued, those boys can really eat, some came back 3 and 4 times, it was mayhem by 7:30 we ran out of everything, thank God we had 2 big Costco slab cakes.

6.jpg 175.6K
4.jpg 105.6K
5.jpg 161.6K
9.jpg 188.7K
7.jpg 85.8K
10.jpg 125.5K

Comments