Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Briskets...Large Egg

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a large egg...but I've never cooked on it...Could I fit to 8lb. briskets on a large egg? What would be a good way to cook it on the egg? About how long will they take?

Comments

• WVU-Egg
    WVU-Egg Posts: 101
    Ashley,
    I did 2 butts and a 6 lb brisket so I'm sure you could fit two 8 lb'ers on there. I had the butts on a raised grid above the brisket.[p]For the recipe, I followed the one on the dizzy pig site and the overall cook for the brisket was about 10 hours. Pork Butts took a few hours longer.

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Ashley,
    If you have a grate extender and a platesetter this is what I would do.
    Get fire going. 250
    Put in platesetter with legs up.
    Put drip pan in platesetter with whatever liquid you choose.
    Put grate on platesetter.
    Put one brisket on grate.
    Put on grate extender.
    Put second brisket on grate extender.
    I'm not sure how you would go about this without those two vital accessories.
    I'm sure there are many other ways. And I'm sure that the rest of us EggHeads will be glad to help.

• Luvmyegg
    Luvmyegg Posts: 86
    Ashley,
    I think you can do 8 lbs of brisket, I have done ten on my large. I like the dizzypig recipe (love that cowlick rub) and also the Dallas Dandy Brisket from the Smoke and Spice cookbook. It is a little more work because you have to make a marinade and a rub, but I have seen grown men cry when they tasted it! One of my guests went directly out and bought the cookbook even though his wife doesn't eat pork or shellfish and is allergic to poultry and fish! (Guess he thought that one recipe was worth the price of the book)[p]Good luck![p]Barbara

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Ashley,
    You can easily do 2 8 pounders if you have a raised grate - or even if not - you can lay 2 8lb briskets against eachother on the main grate and they will work fine (they will take a bit longer that way - But they will be yummy!