Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maverick Replacement Probes

Anyone have any luck getting replacement probes  for their 732?  I put my pork butts on tonight and my pit probe was reading LLL on the receiver.  Switched it with the probe from my second unit and all was well.  I'd like to replace that probe and maybe keep a spare meat and pit probe as I'm doing more and more cooks for friends events.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
·

Comments

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,456
    edited October 2012
    Sorry, never mind.  I keep forgetting google is your friend.

Mike
    http://www.bbqequipmentstore.com/Maverick-ET-732-6-Foot-Replacement-Probes-ET-732-Probes.htm

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,456
    This one is even better as it will work in either application pit or food.

Mike

http://www.bbqequipmentstore.com/Maverick-ET-732-6-Foot-Hybrid-Probe-ET-732-Hybrid-Probe.htm

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    Thanks for the link.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,822
    Don't get the 6 footers. They are too long to deal with.

Also, give maverick the opertunity to replace them for free. I've heard a few good stories about them doing that.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,083
    edited October 2012
    Don't get the 6 footers. They are too long to deal with. Also, give maverick the opertunity to replace them for free. I've heard a few good stories about them doing that.
    Good advice, a replacement is supposed to be on the way for mine. It will be a 6' so it will be coiled and tied. Has anyone tried to replace the probes with another manufacturer's probes? Assume they are thermistor and the jack looks standard, they should be compatible with others. Really to bad with the Maverick, the electronics seems to be very good, never heard of an issue, it is always the probes. Are you listening Thermoworks? 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • I was disappointed in how quickly both my probes died.  It was about 5 uses, but exceeded the warranty period.  I purchased replacements and have used them once.  I only use them in long overnight cooks.  Does anyone have tips they could share on how to properly maintain them? 
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,210
    I was disappointed in how quickly both my probes died.  It was about 5 uses, but exceeded the warranty period.  I purchased replacements and have used them once.  I only use them in long overnight cooks.  Does anyone have tips they could share on how to properly maintain them? 
    Same here, I lost my meat probe after about 5 uses too.  
    I do know I dipped mine in the dishwater (full submersion) and wiped it off immediately afterwards, but it didn't work after that; so its strictly a wipe from now on.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·