Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wings

Cooking wings tonight befor the egg blows away from this storm
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    Where are you?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Long Island. Do you cook wings on the egg? Where are you?
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,019
    Might as well go out with a bang.  I'd keep cooking and eating until you have to start swimming.   ;)

·
  • Hell yea lol. I think I'm going to put the egg in a raft!
    ·
    edited October 2012

I'm northwest of Toronto. Good luck.

Yes I do wings on the egg, here's what I do. Put whatever rub I'm using on and let that dissolve. Put some garlic and onion powder in a plastic bag with some cornstarch and do the shake 'n bake thing. Put the wings in the egg and if there is any white showing after ten minutes, spray those areas with olive oil.

Bout 375 or so
    Tossed in some Butter and Arizona Gunslinger Smokin' Hot
    Back on the egg for a few minutes
    Back in the Arizona bath and served

Return to index

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • my hero!
    ·
  • Sounds and looks great. I use cow bell hell rub. It's got a nice spice to it then sauce em up and dip in a nice chunky blue cheese. I cook em low like 200' for 2 hrs. They get nice and smokey
    image.jpg 1.5M
    image.jpg 1.7M
    ·
    I agree on the low and slow, never did wings that way but I know it would produce great results based on the legs and thighs I have done that way. May pick some up tomorrow when I'm at the butcher. Housefull 'O kids this weekend and that would work nicely.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Let me know how they come out. Enjoy the weekend
    ·
    Will do! Stay safe bud!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 412
    Might as well go out with a bang.  I'd keep cooking and eating until you have to start swimming.   ;)
    That's pretty much what we did about two months ago... LOL.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,019
    Parallel said:
    That's pretty much what we did about two months ago... LOL.
    You're pretty close to where I work - St. Rose off Airline. I think we're in the same boat when the hurricane hits the fan.  :)

·
  • Looks awesome, I like how the sauce looks, know of any sauce that is more sweet than hot?
    ·
  • Where do you get the part to raise the grill?
    ·