Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Making friends at the new jobbie-job

Hello fellow eggheads!  Just joined the forum today, and I'd like to say thanks to everyone for letting me troll your posts, scoop up some great ideas, and for helping me make some of the best food I've ever eaten/served/smelled/seen, etc.  I just got my large BGE this past summer, as a 34th birthday present.  My wife said it also counts as a Christmas present, Fathers Day present, and my 35th and 36th birthday presents.  Sounds fair to me!

I just started a new job a few weeks ago.  I've met some of my co-workers, and introduced myself several times.  In spite of my efforts, many people still got my name wrong.  So far, the list of names includes: Steve, Todd, Jack, Ray, Stan and Shane.   All great names...but none of them are mine. I am Sam.  Sam I Am.  I do like Big Green Eggs and Ham. 

To make a good first impression, I made a brisket last night.  Just a small flat, with a brown sugar-based rub.  I took it off a little early, and it was still a little tough.  I sliced it thin, and packed it away for work.  I put it in a small crockpot with some BBQ sauce, put it on low around 9:00am this morning, and then let the smell waft through the hallways.  At about noon, I took the brisket out and made a sandwich.  I had an office mate go through the hallway saying, "Hey, Sam has some brisket in our office if you want any." 

45 minutes later, the brisket is gone, and about 5 more people know my name.  I'll chalk that one up as a victory.    

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·

Comments

• DocWonmugDocWonmug Posts: 266
    Good strategy. Suggest pork shoulder with slider buns if they need a refresher.
    LBGE
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,047
    edited October 2012

^:)^  That sir is how the game is played.

Welcome to our world.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Nice. Great first post, you should have included a pic or two, though. ;)  Welcome aboard.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,495
    Great post Stan!

(PM for my address to send the brisket to)

Sam at work today......

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,864
    Nice to have you join the BBQ Anonymous forum, Ray. ;)

·
  • Way to go Steve-O! Awesome post.

Welcome aboard

·
  • Welcome and congratulations on your new job and friendships !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,428
    Welcome Sam!!

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,309
    edited October 2012
    Sorry, this one should be better

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
  • Sam, did you say you were already up for a promotion? :) Welcome to the Egghead Forum!
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,470
    Welcome. Glad I'm retired, I never did Like giving away good brisket. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 108
    All I can say is GBR
    ·