Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Making friends at the new jobbie-job

Options

Hello fellow eggheads!  Just joined the forum today, and I'd like to say thanks to everyone for letting me troll your posts, scoop up some great ideas, and for helping me make some of the best food I've ever eaten/served/smelled/seen, etc.  I just got my large BGE this past summer, as a 34th birthday present.  My wife said it also counts as a Christmas present, Fathers Day present, and my 35th and 36th birthday presents.  Sounds fair to me!

I just started a new job a few weeks ago.  I've met some of my co-workers, and introduced myself several times.  In spite of my efforts, many people still got my name wrong.  So far, the list of names includes: Steve, Todd, Jack, Ray, Stan and Shane.   All great names...but none of them are mine. I am Sam.  Sam I Am.  I do like Big Green Eggs and Ham. 

To make a good first impression, I made a brisket last night.  Just a small flat, with a brown sugar-based rub.  I took it off a little early, and it was still a little tough.  I sliced it thin, and packed it away for work.  I put it in a small crockpot with some BBQ sauce, put it on low around 9:00am this morning, and then let the smell waft through the hallways.  At about noon, I took the brisket out and made a sandwich.  I had an office mate go through the hallway saying, "Hey, Sam has some brisket in our office if you want any." 

45 minutes later, the brisket is gone, and about 5 more people know my name.  I'll chalk that one up as a victory.    

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

Comments