Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Why I love this forum

So I am a member of diff forums, none for cooking outside of this. Not many, a total of 4 others. Now some forums bc of the topic will lean a certain way bc of the nature of the product. And generally things stay on topic. But one forum, which is the best on the Internet for its subject matter, constantly discusses politics. A thread about a part for the product can easily morph into politics. And it is always far leaning of a certain party. Which means mostly talking about 'facts' from an email with fwd 17 times in title. This same forum also has bickering, insulting, and general coarseness. Which brings me to why this is my favorite forum. The friendliness, people overall avoiding controversial topics (minus teeve), it just creates as close to ideal environment for an online forum that I know of. So thanks to every member I have talked to read, minus tweeve, for such a positive forum.
Boom

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,360
    Hear hear!

Folks do a pretty good job shutting down political BS.  I get along with both sides, but I don't want that kind of tension.  So, good job forum peeps.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Man, we can get pretty upset over a pork butt.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzycazzy Posts: 9,058
    edited October 2012

Man, we can get pretty upset over a pork butt.

Or who does the best turds!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    See you Jimmy! I do them with shrimp and pineapple and gruyere. There is no other way. Now stoppit

Steve 

Caledon, ON

..or Mac versus PC **** fights.  mrrreeeooww ppffffsssSSSSTTTTT!!!

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,148
    This forum usually has just the right tolerance for a bit of OT, but not to far.  Ha, this sting is OT.  Anyway, flames are not unknown, but I try to ignore them.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

Look at the pictures I took of a spider in a dew covered web this morning!!!!

• FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 2,047
    This forum usually has just the right tolerance for a bit of OT, but not to far.  Ha, this sting is OT.  Anyway, flames are not unknown, but I try to ignore them.

great summarization. The right tolerance.
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 2,047
    Hear hear!

Folks do a pretty good job shutting down political BS.  I get along with both sides, but I don't want that kind of tension.  So, good job forum peeps.

and not just political, tho that gets a lot of play, but just how people treat each other day to day.
    Boom
  • BotchBotch Posts: 6,108
    Look at the pictures I took of a spider in a dew covered web this morning!!!!
    Aw, beat me to it!   :(

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,669
    Don't forget about the iPhone vs Android debate....

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,299
    See, if you inhale enough lump fumes, hickory or pecan smoke and abide by the forum approved principle that an integral part of a good cook involves some kinda adult beverage the discussions are both interesting and informative. 

As my dear old Dad always said: "Beer makes you smart" 
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!