Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why I love this forum

Options
So I am a member of diff forums, none for cooking outside of this. Not many, a total of 4 others. Now some forums bc of the topic will lean a certain way bc of the nature of the product. And generally things stay on topic. But one forum, which is the best on the Internet for its subject matter, constantly discusses politics. A thread about a part for the product can easily morph into politics. And it is always far leaning of a certain party. Which means mostly talking about 'facts' from an email with fwd 17 times in title. This same forum also has bickering, insulting, and general coarseness. Which brings me to why this is my favorite forum. The friendliness, people overall avoiding controversial topics (minus teeve), it just creates as close to ideal environment for an online forum that I know of. So thanks to every member I have talked to read, minus tweeve, for such a positive forum.
Boom

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Hear hear!

Folks do a pretty good job shutting down political BS.  I get along with both sides, but I don't want that kind of tension.  So, good job forum peeps.
    Options
    Man, we can get pretty upset over a pork butt.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited October 2012
    Options

Man, we can get pretty upset over a pork butt.

Or who does the best turds!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    See you Jimmy! I do them with shrimp and pineapple and gruyere. There is no other way. Now stoppit

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    Options
    ..or Mac versus PC **** fights.  mrrreeeooww ppffffsssSSSSTTTTT!!!
    Options
    This forum usually has just the right tolerance for a bit of OT, but not to far.  Ha, this sting is OT.  Anyway, flames are not unknown, but I try to ignore them.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Look at the pictures I took of a spider in a dew covered web this morning!!!!
    Options
    This forum usually has just the right tolerance for a bit of OT, but not to far.  Ha, this sting is OT.  Anyway, flames are not unknown, but I try to ignore them.

great summarization. The right tolerance.
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Hear hear!

Folks do a pretty good job shutting down political BS.  I get along with both sides, but I don't want that kind of tension.  So, good job forum peeps.

and not just political, tho that gets a lot of play, but just how people treat each other day to day.
    Boom
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Look at the pictures I took of a spider in a dew covered web this morning!!!!
    Aw, beat me to it!   :(

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Don't forget about the iPhone vs Android debate....

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    See, if you inhale enough lump fumes, hickory or pecan smoke and abide by the forum approved principle that an integral part of a good cook involves some kinda adult beverage the discussions are both interesting and informative. 

As my dear old Dad always said: "Beer makes you smart" 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Where the hell did you take that up from?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Date says 2012
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    This is quite the gem you found.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Man, this *really* did used to be a friendlier place!  I always thought that was a joke, but NOOOOO!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    This is quite the gem you found.
    Did some crusing through the old stuff to try and gain some context on the evolution of the forum and some of the relationships.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Evolution on it's own or accelerated by the state of acrimony across the country??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Evolution on it's own or accelerated by the state of acrimony across the country??
    The latter mostly I think. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I retract my statement.  It no longer applies.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Sorry for that @Doc_Eggerton    I was hoping your re-appearance would turn into a steady thing.  I’ve always enjoyed your cooks.   

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    I'll bet there's a few interesting Doctoral dissertations out there that examine long-lived threads/forums and track the changes in popular opinion/society/civility.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• cookingdude555
    Options
    People have forgotten how to treat each other with respect.  Bullies use keyboards now, I guess its easier if you are not in person or something.  By the way, I am not calling people out here, this is a general online communication observation.  Also I think there are underlying tones (purposeful or not) that can be misunderstood.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
     Also I think there are underlying tones (purposeful or not) that can be misunderstood.
    I agree with this 100%. I farted out in church one time and everyone took it totally out of perspective. You would of thought I dropped a nuclear bomb or something instead of a harmless little fart. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    edited February 2019
    Options
    People have forgotten how to treat each other with respect.  Bullies use keyboards now, I guess its easier if you are not in person or something.  By the way, I am not calling people out here, this is a general online communication observation.  Also I think there are underlying tones (purposeful or not) that can be misunderstood.
    That's the problem with text communication in general. Emails, text messages, forum posts are exempt from emotion. I read everything here as if we were sitting, having a beer and cutting up. Others are more uptight with the context exchanged here.

The same phrase can be interpreted two totally opposite ways based on the persons perception coming into it. 

It's quite fascinating, actually.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Sir, this is an Arby's.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I retract my statement.  It no longer applies.
    You will see me around from time to time.

• Phaqallyall
    Options
    SGH said:
     Also I think there are underlying tones (purposeful or not) that can be misunderstood.
    I agree with this 100%. I farted out in church one time and everyone took it totally out of perspective. You would of thought I dropped a nuclear bomb or something instead of a harmless little fart. 
    They prolly just thought God was speaking to them again.  The sheeple who go to church will believe anything brother. 
    sound it out yaidjit