Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best craft beer with.....

13»

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,301
    Speaking of Cali wheat brews, Lagunitas A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' is good. So is their Lucky 13 red ale.
    ·
  • Blue Star is from a place close to me, but do you like it more than Oberon?
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,301
    edited October 2012

Blue Star is from a place close to me, but do you like it more than Oberon?

I haven't had the pleasure of trying anything from bells. My sister has out in Columbus, but I will need to see if my local place can get any. She always lets me know about the craft beers she is getting out there that I have not seen locally. Funny how alcohol distribution works.
    ·
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    Bells yearly hop slam is a classic.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321

Dis be good

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,278
    GLW said:
     +1 on Schafly Special Reserve Barleywine
    One of the Schafly kids is friends of mine.  He lives here in New Orleans, came down to go to Tulane and never left.  Electrical engineer.

·
    EE's know how to jump start a car and make the best beer in the world.
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 362
    It's hard to go wrong with 3 Floyds out of Indiana. In my humble and often uninformed opinion, one of the best bewers in the country. A lot of fine IPAs. I've also had a number of Boulevard Pale Ales, out of Kansas City, with ribs when I used to travel there a lot on business. 

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
    Sixth Glass from boulevard is excellent.
    ·
    Haven't ha d 6th Glass, but I'd like to :)

Cincinnati

·
    =D>
    ·
  • ZookerZooker Posts: 17
    Hmm.  A porter coincidentally seems like a good match, but I'd drink it with a cigar afterward.  I'd probably go with a bold cabernet with the steak.  A really heavy beer with a steak might diminish the steak flavor for me.
    ·
  • lwrehmlwrehm Posts: 197

Being a S.E. Wisconsin boy I vote for Lakefront's Riverwest Stein, or one of my homebrewed Lagers.

·
  • The regular Boulevard beers are pretty good, but their Smokehouse series is off the chain!

Also, a +1 for 3 Floyds, they are very good
    ·
    Haven't tried the Boulevard Smokehouse series yet. Sounds delish. 

Cincinnati

·
    YEMTrey, hope the Whigs were good. Saw them once back in the day - I remember a great cover of Neil Young's Like a Hurricane. I'm dating myself, Duane was around when I was in college, for a little while at least. BTW, he recorded Live at Ludlow Garage with the Brothers down the street a bit from Fries.

Cincinnati

·
  • Sometimes I get on a Saison kick, and the Tank No. 7 from Boulevard Smokehouse series is hard to beat
    ·
    Tank 7 is really good. First beer I had in the smokestack series.
    ·