Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Epic Fail - Venison

Hey everyone, so I have only had venison twice. The first time I tried it was really really dry, too dry to really enjoy it. This second time, my neighbor gave me a loin which I was determined not to overcook. I wrapped it in bacon, slow cooked it indirect heat, wrapped in bacon, for 275. I know I didn't overcook it since it was still juicy. However, the taste was just terrible! I couldn't finish my first bite.I ended up throwing the rest away,  I think my neighbor had it in his freezer so perhaps it wasn't fresh enough? I was told that I should have dipped the meat in milk to take away some of the game flavor out of it?, wouldn't this defeat the whole purpose of cooking game meat? 

Comments