Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Take out not an option

Options
I got in from Waco late last night.  Both of us wanted pizza, but I didn't want to see the inside a the car again.  Found a Giada recipe for dough and while the small was coming to temp we made the dough, the sauce,  grated the cheeses and dried out the tomatoes.  The crust was tasty, a little denser than my other recipes but for a late nite cook, turned out pretty good. 
The dough
The dough with parmigiano reggiano sprinkled on top
All moisture evaporated from the sauce
Tomatoes drying
sauce over the parm
light layer of mozz followed by tomatoes
More cheeseimage

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Woof!  my next project is going to be make-my-own crust..  Care to share your favourite recipe? 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Looks good, Joan. I still have never made my own dough. I have a Kitchen Aid but its mostly for decoration. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Travis, put that decoration to work.  Home made doughs are pretty tasty and there are a bucket load of recipes on the net.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    MMarvel, I am still looking for that perfect crust...and I have not found it yet.  Let me go thru my folder and pick out a few that you may like.  I will post links later.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Looks good, Joan. I still have never made my own dough. I have a Kitchen Aid but its mostly for decoration. 
    Travis,
    I'll email you a recipe I got in Naples.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Travis,
    I'll email you a recipe I got in Naples.
    VI, Email me that recipe...I am still looking
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    MMarvel this is the one I did last night

Pizza Dough

Bon Appétit  | March 2007

by Giada DeLaurentiis

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pizza-Dough-237338

Ingredients

3/4 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)

1 envelope active dry yeast

2 cups (or more) all purpose flour

1 teaspoon sugar

3/4 teaspoon salt

3 tablespoons olive oil

Pour 3/4 cup warm water into small bowl; stir in yeast. Let stand until yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes.

Brush large bowl lightly with olive oil. Mix 2 cups flour, sugar, and salt in processor. Add yeast mixture and 3 tablespoons oil; process until dough forms a sticky ball. Transfer to lightly floured surface. KNEAD dough until smooth, adding more flour by tablespoonfuls if dough is very sticky, about 1 minute. Transfer to prepared bowl; turn dough in bowl to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour. PUNCH down dough. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. ROLL out dough according to recipe instructions. (Start in center of dough, working outward toward edges but not rolling over them.)

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks excellent.  I just picked up some King Arthur and yeast...gonna have a go at the dough! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GLW
    GLW Posts: 178
    Options
    I've tried homemade crust a half a dozen times now. All about a 5 on a 10. Going to keep trying.
    When in doubt add more pepper.