Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon wrapped meatloaf

Options
Deviledegger
Deviledegger Posts: 271
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
After whipping up a simple meatloaf recipe. I flattened it out, stuffed it with cheese and then wrapped it in a bacon weave. It looked really impressive for the effort. Can't wait to bring this dish to a party or have guests try it. Also, it was delicious tasting. I put a couple small chunks of Black Cherry in for the cook.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    WOW..... I want bacon and beef and cheese..................
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    That looks GREAT!  I think my meatloaf recipe might be a little wet for this...can you please post yours?
    Thanks in advance
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Oh hell yeah!  That looks great.  My buddy and I were talking the other day, and meatloaf is sorta the original "fattie".  I have done this with a fattie using Jimmy Dean maple and it was really good...but I love the idea of throwing the loaf in there.  Ultimate fattie loaf.  

There is something so rewarding about making a bacon weave...
    :@)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GLW
    GLW Posts: 178
    Options
    Looks great. I hope to do this soon.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
  • Deviledegger
    Options
    2 beaten eggs
    3/4 cps. Milk
    2/3 bread crumbs
    1/4 cp. onions
    2 tbs. parsley
    1 tbs. basil
    2 lbs ground beef ( could do a sausage/ beef blend
    Mix all together and set the egg to around 350. Make your bacon weave. Flatten the meatloaf to aprox. 1 inch thick add cheese and anything else you might want. Wrap the weave and cook for an hour. Or until 160 internal temp.
    This recipe was a little wet. I added some extra bread crumbs around outside of beef before I wrapped it so it wouldn't stick to cutting board. Might want to ease up on the milk. Good luck & enjoy!
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options

Mickey said:
    WOW..... I want bacon and beef and cheese..................
    I'm telling Linda. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Smoke em if you got em :ar!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.