Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vote for Griffin please

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    We need @michigan_jason to get involved.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Did I say the army has a huge IT mos?

Well they do. I just got the 411 on how to fix this.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • THANK YOU ZILLA !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    And all his posts vaporized from this thread.  It's a forum catharsis.

Yep...I was wondering if that "Vote for Juanita" post where he copied and pasted some html to impersonate another user would get him banned...again.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited October 2012
    This original post was written by Tweeve. He changed my password, then sent me a note stating what he changed it to. Disregard it. BTW, I am not allowed to start another post. Permission denied. I have written a note to forumabuse. Please bear with me.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    VI, is there a reason that you're now linking to a shock site in your signature line?

:)) totally NSFW, though!!!
  • nolaegghead
    I never had a problem with him.   I'm surprised he got banned.  Probably one of those cool-off-for-a-few-days things. 
    Did Gary get hacked by Tweev? All of sudden he's talking nice about the guy and his signature says "Vote for Juanita". :-?
  • nolaegghead
    Gary's just taking precautions against the rumor that Tweev has some "anonymous" buddies.
    Yes. I just emailed him about it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Eggcelsior

This original post was written by Tweeve. He changed my password, then sent me a note stating what he changed it to. Disregard it.
    Glad to know it. My computer hadn't refreshed the thread yet.
    I never had a problem with him.   I'm surprised he got banned.  Probably one of those cool-off-for-a-few-days things. 
    I didn't really see any problem either. He was obviously trying to rub people the wrong way, but I never thought that he went really overboard. Perhaps it was due to the fact that 90% of his 22 posts were related to his 'Vote for Juanita" campaign with little related to actual cooking.
  • Eggcelsior
    Someone is off singing TROLOLOLOLOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh....
  • nolaegghead
    Hijacking another account is a bit more sobering.  And I hate anything sobering.

VI - did you have a secure PW?  Something that couldn't be "guessed"?

This is Village Idiot.  I used this id for awhile.  I am not able to post under the VI name.  My id was highjacked.  I got my password back, but lack permission to post.

I hope the administrators will fix this mess soon.  In the meantime, I suggest that  you change your password.

Thanks.

Nola: Yes, I had a great password.  I believe the perpetrator somehow changed the email account in my profile, and then requested a password reset.  Then, changed the password.
    Dripping Springs, Texas
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited October 2012
    I don't even know if i'm me any more. #-o
  • nolaegghead

Folks,

This is Village Idiot.  I used this id for awhile.  I am not able to post under the VI name.  My id was highjacked.  I got my password back, but lack permission to post.

I hope the administrators will fix this mess soon.  In the meantime, I suggest that  you change your password.

Thanks.

Nola: Yes, I had a great password.  I believe the perpetrator somehow changed the email account in my profile, and then requested a password reset.  Then, changed the password.
    I changed my pw right after I posted the question on your PW.  Doesn't sound like it'll do any good if there's a security hole on their procedures.
    Wow. Once again (and not sure why) I am shocked and floored by the support and love of my fellow Eggheads. You always prove to be the greatest. I feel so bad for any problems this has caused VI, I can't believe what lengths some people will go to. That being said, you guys are proving why Eggheads are the greatest. Entering this throwdown, my only hope was not to come in last, but you are keeping me in the running. Cold beers to anybody who comes to Plano (and Salado if I can swing that one)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• All I want to do is share pictures and recipes with you guys.
    I have a great idea for tomorrow.  I hope I'll be able to post it then.
    Dripping Springs, Texas
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Did this go on the "other" forum. Lots would vote if they realised the ol' tweevester is back to his tricks

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• OK, I'm back.  

A bit of irony.  The perp actually sent me an email telling me how I could be whole again.

If my id said anything nice about Little Steven, please disregard.  It was part of the highjack. 

:))

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Not the part about Tweeve. They are aware of the contest. Mickey posted it over there as well..

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Did this go on the "other" forum. Lots would vote if they realised the ol' tweevester is back to his tricks

Yes I posted it over there at the same time.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited October 2012
    Tweev has been trying to "reset" my password also.  Sometimes I'll get 2-5 emails per DAY from Eggheadforum.com saying that "I" am requesting a password reset.  I've saved every single one, and have written to them asking if there is anything they can do. 

If the password for your EMAIL was an easy one to guess, then it's possible he got into your email acct & then requested a password reset for your Eggheadforum.com profile. 

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT make your passwords the same across all your accounts - that is just ASKING for trouble because if someone DOES get your password for ONE thing, they now have access to ALL your other accounts (email, banking, credit cards, etc). 

VI & everyone - again, I would recommend everybody to change their passwords & follow the suggestions I posted in my "Hacker Alert" thread.  He must be a SAD, pathetic person to spend all this time just hassling people, even spending (wasting) time continually voting for someone else on a BBQ contest - and for what?  To get some sort of "satisfaction?"  I wonder if at the end of his life he's gonna be in a hospital bed, hooked up to all sorts of life saving equipment, and be like "My only regret is that I only wish I would've spent more time hassling people on the internet!!"
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • He has been trying to reset my password also. 

VI, was it possible that you had an easy password for your email addy & he was able to guess that, then get into your email acct & request that your Eggheadforum password be reset?

Everyone should go in & change their passwords, and please do NOT make one password for ALL your online accounts because if someone gets your password, they now have access to ALL your accounts (ie, email, eggheadforum, banking, credit, etc). 
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • @cazzy

IP ADDRESSES ARE EASILY CHANGED WHERE I COME FROM.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    edited October 2012
    IF YOU GUYS NEED HELP VOTING, EMAIL ME OR PM ME, I WILL HELP!

http://www.ladlestolinens.com/Giveaways.html

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• If you guys need help, PM or email me.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited October 2012

Worked from my iPad. Now tied................

Bet our friend is playing with Texana's Kitchen.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.