Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wok help

GLWGLW Posts: 178
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

I want to get a wok for my LBGE and for my SBGE.  I see the Wok Shop mentioned a lot here and plan on ordering form there.  Is there a suggested size?  Two metal handles or single wood?  Anything else i need to include in my order?  Anything else i need to know?

Thank you.

When in doubt add more pepper.

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,666
    You might want to check this recent thread - lots of good info in it.

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    Thanks Skiddy.  Very helpful.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,537

I got the large wok from The Cermaic Grill store, but mainly because I was buying the spider from him at the same time to rest it in.

People love their woks from the wok shop, I just got a used one, haven't used it yet as i need to reseason it, but looks well made.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Did the same as Griffin, CGS for spider and wok
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178

I have a perforated grill pan i have used for years but am looking forward to using a wok on the egg. 

Griffen, i see where you just got a mini.  I got a mini last month and just love it.  Did an overnight on it a couple of weeks ago using a party q.  i find the mini just the right size for the two of us.