Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGEs Table (Pic Heavy)

thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
edited 12:25AM in EGG Table Forum
It has taken me some time to finally complete this table.I designed it on Google SketchUp. I had to figure out how to use that program first. There are quite a few pictures that were taken during this process, however these are from the completion of the table to the installation of the new nomax gaskets and assembly of the eggs.
IMG_2568.jpg
A little help from my son and his dog Buster.
IMG_2571.jpg
Bases set into place.
IMG_2573.jpg
New gaskets installed.
IMG_2593.jpg
Completed
IMG_2590.jpg
IMG_2588.jpg
Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
·

Comments

• Very Nice set up
    ·
  • SmokinFizxSmokinFizx Posts: 29
    Looks Great. Nice Dimensions.

Sketch-Up is Awesome. Anyone with a PC should look into it. I used it for my design (couple post back) and it really makes life easier.
    ·
  • Nice table - first 8-wheel drive table I have seen :)
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Thank you
    ·
    I do seem to go a BIT overboard at times. ;)
    ·
    Thanks
    ·
  • Very nice work - do you find you're moving this around much after it's built? (are you using the mobility of the wheels?)

Getting ideas on building my own - trying to figure out how often people will actually move their base once built.
    ·
    I've moved it a bit a couple of times. The main reason it has wheels is I may not retire in this home (only a couple of years away)so I will need to move it to my new place. Moves pretty easy, even with two eggs (xl and large) plus two 100 lb pavers.
    ·
  • CactusCactus Posts: 12
    Cannot beat that duo! That's a dream patio. Beautiful.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,247
    Nice
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    Looks awesome, love that they're at the same level. Think about adding a shelf to the right side of the large so you can pull things out easier and not have to go around the XL
    ·
  • cspearce2cspearce2 Posts: 107
    Very nice. Also like that they are the same height. Good job.
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 587

What's that big black thing in the front of the last picture?  Must be the shelf where you keep your eggcessories!

Seriously - that looks great and very welcoming patio to chill out on.  If you got rid of the gasser you could put a couple lounge chairs and a table for some beverages. ;-)

Large BGE

·
    Cactus said:
    Cannot beat that duo! That's a dream patio. Beautiful.

Thanks, we use it quite a bit.
    ·
    misu said:
    Looks awesome, love that they're at the same level. Think about adding a shelf to the right side of the large so you can pull things out easier and not have to go around the XL

I can't add an extension since I need to get to my garden and move the lawn mower to the back. I used as much space as I could.
    ·
    BigWader said:

What's that big black thing in the front of the last picture?  Must be the shelf where you keep your eggcessories!

Seriously - that looks great and very welcoming patio to chill out on.  If you got rid of the gasser you could put a couple lounge chairs and a table for some beverages. ;-)

The gasser is now moved to a small concrete walkway to allow for another table and a couple of teak lounge chairs that someone was discarding. I took them completely apart and reworked them. Pressure washed, sanded, sealed with teak oil and polished up all of the brass. They were sorry when I showed them reconditioned. Told me they paided over $500.00 each.
    ·
    cspearce2 said:

Thank you. It took some planning but I got it figured out.
    ·
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    misu said:

I can't add an extension since I need to get to my garden and move the lawn mower to the back. I used as much space as I could.
    I hear you, foldable shelf works too I've seen some heavy duty hinges posted here for that. 
    ·
  • BjorgBjorg Posts: 235
    Very nice work. I also learned Google sketch up to design mine so I know where you are coming from. 
    Quebec - Canada
    ·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,266
    Looks like the old momma on the left is ready to teach the new girl in town on the right some tricks!! :) Congrats on an awesome table!!
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
    cspearce2 said:

Thank you. It took some planning but I got it figured out.
    Bjorg said:
    Very nice work. I also learned Google sketch up to design mine so I know where you are coming from. 
    I haven't used it since so when I need to design something I will have to learn all over again.
    ·
    Looks like the old momma on the left is ready to teach the new girl in town on the right some tricks!! :) Congrats on an awesome table!!

The little lady has learned quite a bit from the old gal. Now they are both teaching the baby (small).
    ·