Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT (sorta) Pure vanilla extract

2»

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,865
    I saw that. I can't wait to make some.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • There is no such thing as 'french vanilla'.
    Sure there is.  I think the good folks at Breyer's make a darn fine French Vanilla Ice Cream.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,865

There is no such thing as 'french vanilla'.

Sure there is.  I think the good folks at Breyer's make a darn fine French Vanilla Ice Cream.

And god bless them, every one.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    25 years ago on a trip to Bora-Bora we brought back some vanilla beans after the guy told us to put and leave in the sugar storage. Those beans are still there to this day. They still smell.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• We made 1/2 gallon of vanilla extract. Ultra easy, costs dirt cheap, tastes waaaay better.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,076
    There is no such thing as 'french vanilla'.
    But Blue Bell is better.  ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 842
    Vanilla is one of those flavours that is used to enhance other flavours not to be necessarily a prominent part of the food, much like salt if you can taste it you probably used too much if the food tastes flat you probably should have used more salt.

Gerhard