Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday Night Meatloaf

jfarleyjfarley Posts: 145
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Did my first meatloaf. I was compelled by the smoke ring Masked Marvel crowed about on Sept 28. I went simple. Three pounds of ground beef in two foil tins for 1 hour followed by 1.5 hours out of the tins until 155 degrees. Indirect at 275. Put some Stubb's Original on for the last hour.

I was pleasantly surprised to find i got a smoke ring as well. The appearance and ring is great but I'm not completely satisfied with the flavor. The GB may have been too lean. Went with 85/15. Maybe next time 80/20? 
LBGE - July 2012
Valencia, CA
·

Comments

• A2ZA2Z Posts: 99
    The ones I have done are with 80/20 and turned out well.  Too lean means less flavor usually. Good looking meatloaf.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,422
    Not much better than meatloaf on the Egg.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 252
    great meal / great price / simple as well....love me some meat loaf on the EGG.

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

·
  • You should never let your meat loaf.
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
    ·
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    Try some deer meat in it!
    When in doubt add more pepper.
    ·
  • Trying my had today - excited to see how it goes. Looks like a success.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,209

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·