Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Everyone else is doing it

jrog74jrog74 Posts: 29
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Everyone else is showing their meatloaf off, so I will show my meatloaf I did last night. It is 3 pounds ground chuck 1 pound ground deer and a 1/2 package of ground bacon. Then I put more bacon on top. Put just about everything I had in my spice rack in it. This was my first meatloaf on the egg. I was very pleased. I went indirect 400 and had water in the drip pan. It wasn't the prettiest thing at the dance but is sure was tasty.
·

Comments

• GLWGLW Posts: 178
    I love deer meat in meatloaf.  Thanks for sharing!
    When in doubt add more pepper.
    ·
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 455
    Ooh.  Gotta try this one!
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • All about putting your own spin on it - nicely done!
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,423
    Glad it worked (never have done any venison, must try some). Do do some more till you get it right where you want it.

My dear departed mother was a very good cook. But... There were 2 things she never did well. BBQ ribs, always tough. And meatloaf, always dry.(I do recall that sometimes meatloaf actually was made from meats already cooked.)

I was dubious about the magic of the Egg some years ago. One of the big convincers was meatloaf. Smoky. Juicy. Kind of a giant quick sausage. Yay.
    ·