Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hog Fish with Grilled Leaks- Oh Yeah!

LongboardR
LongboardR Posts: 101
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I have commented before not to be a fish snob...but Hog Snapper is the deal and one of the tastiest fish out there and they are fun to shoot. Top of the list for us Gulf divers. So here is a quick pic from a recent dive. Got this with a 51" Rhino Gun in 30ish feet of water. For the cook I went direct. You can also see a piece of Mahi as I was not sure if my son was coming for dinner too and thats the last of the Hog Fish. I grilled up some Leaks that I marinated in Balsamic, EVOO, mustard, paprika and soy sauce. Served with rice pilaf and a home made (heavy with garlic) Ceaser Salad. The plate you see is actually a 20" serving platter. BTW- the leaks were great and all the flavors came together nicely! I have a great video of the spearfishing but its a huge file but will post and share too.imageimageimageimageimage

Comments