Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First attempt at BBR

hondabbq
hondabbq Posts: 1,980
edited October 2012 in Pork
Scored myself some Dizzy Pig so I had to try some ribs before winter comes. Basic prep for ribs: peel membrane, dust with rub, let sit for a few hours, indirect straight on grill, Apple and a touch of mesquite,hovering at 275. Going to check on them in 3 hours and adjust accordingly. Cant wait.

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Sounds great. Post pics.
    Boom
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Will be awesome.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    hondabbq said:
    Scored myself some Dizzy Pig so I had to try some ribs before winter comes. Basic prep for ribs: peel membrane, dust with rub, let sit for a few hours, indirect straight on grill, Apple and a touch of mesquite,hovering at 275. Going to check on them in 3 hours and adjust accordingly. Cant wait.
    You are NOT thinking of giving the egg a break for the winter are you?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hondabbq
    Heavens no. I just know that its use will be limited with the cold weather. Just wanted to geta few of the foods I have been loking forward to out of the way prior to its limited use. I hope to do a butt yet, turkey and burgers.
  • hondabbq
    edited October 2012
    Sounds great. Post pics.

Sorry forgot to take pics I was too excited to eat them. They were good. Not perfect but for a first time I deem it a success. Nice pink smoke ring, great flavor,and tender.
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    hondabbq said:

Sounds great. Post pics.

Sorry forgot to take pics I was too excited to eat them. They were good. Not perfect but for a first time I deem it a success. Nice pink smoke ring, great flavor,and tender.

Whatever...didn't happen :))
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $