Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's not a habit....

Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
.....and I can stop any time I want to.

Ha, there was a guy there with one bag of RO in his cart, and he was reading the label on some sort of briquettes.  He saw me pick up a bag, and told me he had never used it, and asked if it was good.  I talked to him while I loaded all the remaining bags in two carts.

Bonus pic, I have shown my cook zone in awhile.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Didn't leave any extras for him, huh? Glad we don't have to stockpile lump here in Dallas. I just buy 3 or 4 bags at a time and I'm good for a few weeks.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Doc_Eggerton
    edited October 2012
    There were about 10 bags on an upper shelf.  I am not sure he knew what he was buying.  They have it sometimes, then the next time you go in they don't.  I also figure it won't be any cheaper next time, and the fewer trips the less gas.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Methinks I'm not cooking enough.   :(

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Doc, you cook under that overhang?

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Doc_Eggerton
    Yes, there are smoke stains on it, but that is the only problem.

• Cullum
    Cullum Posts: 215
    I like RO. It burns good. Good price. Some say it is the same thing as Big Green Egg charcoal but I don't see how. RO pops a lot and BGE charcoal does not. If it is the same but smaller pieces then I wonder why it pops so much? I love the BGE charcoal but it is just too much money. I wonder why they don't go down on their prices? RO is definitely convenient at Walmart like you said when they have it. Hard the beat the price of RO. 
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    I'm just glad you don't have 37 cats running around or we'd have to call that Hoarders TV show ;)

You know a Royal Oak facility burned down several weeks ago, they might be hitting you up for some stock! 

Have a great weekend.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Doc_Eggerton
    You know a Royal Oak facility burned down several weeks ago, they might be hitting you up for some stock! 

I swore I would only have a few bags at a time, and then I read about the fire.  Decided to be ready to get through the next couple of months in case supply dried up for awhile.

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    I tried my first bag of wicked good tonight and was very impressed. I keep telling my wife how much I liked it and I don't think she gives a rip. I was perplexed when I pulled out two stump size chunks.
    Dunedin, FL