Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How big a turkey for

timekpr1timekpr1 Posts: 150
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
15 people?  I have been tasked with cooking this years Thanksgiving turkey.  Never having cooked a turkey, I have no idea how big of one I need to feed 15 people.  I was actually considering two smaller turkeys vs. one large.  Is there an average cooking time for turkey?  How big a turkey(or turkeys) can I cook on my large BGE at one time?  With so many people my wife will not let me go exotic with spices or rubs.  Just a plain old lightly spiced turkey on the grill.  I am going to sneak some apple wood in there though.  I plan a test run on a smaller turkey in the near future.  Thanks for the advice.
Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments