Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE customer service

henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ordered my replacement gasket today. The guy at BGE was great. We talked for 15 minutes about methods and recipes . The website says to contact your dealer for a replacement but they told me to call BGE. The BGE guy told me to register on line even though my dealer was supposed to l east he told me they did. I'm getting the nomex with self adhesive. Can I use a glue with that or just use it and glue the next one?
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 575
    they sent me that one as well.  i havent installed it yet but plan on doing it and using the super77 spray adhesive with it as well.
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    You definitely want to use the super77 with the nomex even though it has the adhesive. I found a paint stripper works great for getting the old glue off as someone here recommended. Then I wiped it down lightly with mineral spirits to clean the residue. 
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Do a search on gasket replacement, you will see that there is a need to toss it in the dryer to let it shrink before you install. 

I agree that the customer service is top notch. Fried my gasket, my fault, shortly after getting my egg and they sent me a replacement without any issues. 
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,897
    Couldn't hurt.  I just put mine on with the self-adhesive and without pre-shrinking it and it's perfectly attached, still, after about 4-5 months and I do pizzas frequently. I think part of the problem is people stretch the gasket around the outside of the curve rather than bunch it.

·