Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sister Moving from New Orleans Area (15 miles outside New Orleans)--Needs to Sell 2 Eggs

chrisnjennchrisnjenn Posts: 534
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

My sister's husband is being transferred out of the country and they need to sell 2 Eggs.  They have a large and small.  They are the reason I bought mine a few years ago.  The large and small are in great condition (no cracks at all).  They want $175 for the small and $300 for the large.  Both come in nests and side tables.  The large comes with a platesetter, pizza stone, and a Craycort cast iron grate.  Both have Egg brand ventilated covers.  I asked them to sell them for more, but they just sold their house 2 days ago with the condition they move out within 2 weeks.  They will be moving overseas in 1 month and they don't want the hassle of putting too much items in storage.

I wish I could get them, but I don't have the time to go get them.  I told them I would put it on this site to sell. 

·

Comments

• I'll take the small for 175 delivered to columbus, OH....
    :D
    XL BGE
    ·
  • They're not going to eat when they get overseas?  They could probably sell it overseas for 5X what they're asking here.

I smell a fish.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,013
    I'll take either or both of them.  PM contact info.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,212
    Dammit Nola.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,283
    henapple said:
    Dammit Nola.
    I'm sure NOLA would be happy to let one go...say double that price for his trouble

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    I'm driving through br next week...wanted the small...probably better anyway. Don't like sleeping on the couch.
    ·
    I'd like the small and have a buddy that wants a large.  Don't mean to bogart both of them and become some kind of demented egg hoarder (actually, I do)

·
    Don't Bogart that....egg
    ·
  • Wow that was quick. Nola you were second. Someone from Lake Charles sent me a PM right before you and is supposed to pick both up tomorrow morning. If not, I will contact you.
    ·
    Sweet, let me know.

·
  • They're not going to eat when they get overseas?  They could probably sell it overseas for 5X what they're asking here.

I smell a fish.
    Could careless what you think.  I'm doing this as a favor for my sis.  I'm not a fly by the night poster either.  Believe what ya want.
    ·
    edited October 2012
    I'll be right back, need to dump a few thousand simplex nails on I-10 Eastbound between lake charles and new orleans....

Just kidding.  Damn it!  want!

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,719
    edited October 2012
    Nola I thought for sure you would scoop these up...I'm disappointed in your slowness.

You could always offer $50 more for each lol

Heck of a deal! I could drive to New Orleans from Texas and will still come out ahead.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
    I thought I was quick on this thread.  I was looking for a PM, and then I guess when I sent one, I was too (*sniff*) late. 

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,283
    People are probably too darned honourable to take a higher offer after they've made a deal too. I hate that

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • People are probably too darned honourable to take a higher offer after they've made a deal too. I hate that
    One of my favorite quotes of all time is:

If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    If I have something I don't use anymore, I'll put it on craigslist.  It's not about the money but just finding something a good home.  If someone offers me more after I committed to a sale, I just tell them, politely, no, but I'll contact you if the buyer flakes out.

·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,833
    People are probably too darned honourable to take a higher offer after they've made a deal too. I hate that
    One of my favorite quotes of all time is:

If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

I dig it
    Boom
    ·