Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how to post large picutes and insert text between photos?

McNuttly
McNuttly Posts: 99
edited October 2012 in Forum Feedback

I was unable to find instructions searching around on the forum on how to 1: post a full size picture and 2: insert text between photos.  I have posted several pictures here but they were posted directly from my computer (as opposted to photobucket) and they all come out as small in size and in one continuous line.  I'd like to be able to post a full size photo with a comment followed by another picture and so forth for instructional purposes.  Thanks for any assistance

Comments

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    I use potobucket....copy the HTML code and paste here (in the comment box, i dont use the icons to isert files because they are disabled on ipad) Just insert text between your pastes.
  • so the photos will not show up in the dialog box (other than the code) but will appear once posted?   And thanks
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    A bit confused (didn't get my coffee this morning) Do you want to post directly from your computer or from photobucket? I can't help you with direct from computer as I do all mine from photobucket. I type up my whole post (or copy it from another site), then go back and add the pictures. I use the 4th icon from the right (Insert Image icon, looks like a picture frame), that is in between the redo icon and the insert hyperlink icon. But that is for a photosharing site (when using it, use the direct link option from photobucket, no IMG stuff)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Yup....the code is what you see when writing the post, but they show up to us as pics.
  • Griffin said:
    A bit confused (didn't get my coffee this morning) Do you want to post directly from your computer or from photobucket? I can't help you with direct from computer as I do all mine from photobucket. I type up my whole post (or copy it from another site), then go back and add the pictures. I use the 4th icon from the right (Insert Image icon, looks like a picture frame), that is in between the redo icon and the insert hyperlink icon. But that is for a photosharing site (when using it, use the direct link option from photobucket, no IMG sttuff)

Actually I was looking to find the easiest way to get a full size image whether it be directly from my computer or via photobucket.  I have posted some pictures here directly from my computer but they only come out very small - I know the viewer can click on it & enlarge it but I think it makes a better presentation when they're full size automatically.  Also, I would like to post some things with instructions inserted between each photo.  I do have a photobucket account.

Yup....the code is what you see when writing the post, but they show up to us as pics.
    That's what I figured, thanks again
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    McNuttly said:

I was unable to find instructions searching around on the forum on how to 1: post a full size picture and 2: insert text between photos.  I have posted several pictures here but they were posted directly from my computer (as opposted to photobucket) and they all come out as small in size and in one continuous line.  I'd like to be able to post a full size photo with a comment followed by another picture and so forth for instructional purposes.  Thanks for any assistance

So the method I gave you yesterday didn't work?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• McNuttly said:

So the method I gave you yesterday didn't work?
    With all due respect Mr. Little your explanation left me even more confused that I was when I started which I must tell you is not an easy task given my epic technological shortcomings
  • Griffin

I agree with you on the larger pictures.

Tpye your post out, leave a space in between where you want pictures to go, then when youa re done, go back and use the insert image icon, copy the direct link from photobucket and insert it, then hit submit.

I say to type it up first because anytime I've added a picture in while I'm typing it up, I can never add anything below it. I have no idea why that is or if I'm doing something wrong. But I have no problem going back and inserting it one in between what I was typing.

Rowlett, Texas

• Little Steven
    Go to your album. Find the pic you want to post. Click on the pic. It will enlarge. Click copy. Go to forum. Find text box. Click paste.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• McNuttly
    edited October 2012

test firef

test two

end

• Griffin said:

Tpye your post out, leave a space in between where you want pictures to go, then when youa re done, go back and use the insert image icon, copy the direct link from photobucket and insert it, then hit submit.

I say to type it up first because anytime I've added a picture in while I'm typing it up, I can never add anything below it. I have no idea why that is or if I'm doing something wrong. But I have no problem going back and inserting it one in between what I was typing.

ok I saw what you meant, when I first did it I was unable to type anything underneath the picture after it was pasted, but tried again and it worked but only after an 'edit'.  I also could not get the image code to do anything, it showed up as the actual code & not a picture - I tried the direct link, the HTML and the Image Code & they all came out the same way, no picture.  Not sure why that's not working for me.

Go to your album. Find the pic you want to post. Click on the pic. It will enlarge. Click copy. Go to forum. Find text box. Click paste.
    Ok that made more sense & worked, apparently you've sobered up since yesterday
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited October 2012
    I asked a similar question not too long ago.  If you want to insert an image from your hard drive and have it "in line" with text, then you use the "attach a file" and upload the pic.  

This is the part that is not super-intuitive.  Put the cursor where you want the pic to be, then put your mouse over the thumbnail and click "Insert Image"

Here is a screen cap that shows how I did this:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• McNuttly
    edited October 2012

test

test

• Little Steven
    McNuttly said:
    Griffin said:

ok I saw what you meant, when I first did it I was unable to type anything underneath the picture after it was pasted, but tried again and it worked but only after an 'edit'.  I also could not get the image code to do anything, it showed up as the actual code & not a picture - I tried the direct link, the HTML and the Image Code & they all came out the same way, no picture.  Not sure why that's not working for me.

Ok that made more sense & worked, apparently you've sobered up since yesterday
    I consider that an insult. I never sober up

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Griffin
    Did you hit the submit button? I've forgotten to do that a few times.

Rowlett, Texas