Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Spatchcock pic test

PhiliciousPhilicious Posts: 319
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Testing posting pics from cell phone
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
image.jpg 1.6M

• r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    It worked!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,279
    Yes it did, the chickens are spatchcocked, they are cooked and the photos are taken, how were they?
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Chicken was great, as usual. This is our goto meal. I call the butcher o. The way home and have him cut the backs out which saves me some time.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,279
    edited October 2012
    @Philicious, Not sure what size of egg you have, must be at least a large to get two in it. My medium gets a bit tight if the birds are large so I quarter them, easy to place the breasts in the center, the legs/thighs on the outside where it is a touch warmer. Can also throw the dark meat on earlier to get everything done together. Just a thought if you ever have a bigger group to feed. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,959
    Mine last night. Did one for the neighbors also.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I have a large. I guess this brings up a great point. A cut up bird - raw - would cook the same.