Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Has the "primitive" gene been turned on?

Options
Baysidebob
Baysidebob Posts: 489
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I believe Wife (I don’t use her name but her title and always capitalize it as some Bibles always capitalize any member of the Trinity) have entered a primitive state. We eat some sort of brunch and then discuss what’s for dinner which turns into hunting/gathering at the local food houses. Is there some sort of ancient gene that has been turned on? Has sniffing carbon monoxide and wood smoke reduced me to a much earlier predecessor? This is new to me and somehow very, very old. Fire, food, sleep, start over. All the “important issues” fade. Has anyone else else experienced this?
My actuary says I'm dead.

Comments

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Nope. Got too many other things to do.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Yeah.  I discuss the weekend menu with Wilma quite a bit and then we shop together.  I have a busy schedule during the week and Egging during the week is not common, but I make a special effort to Egg both Saturday and Sunday.  I've been doing this for years when I was using my Weber kettle.  Let me add to your list:  Fire, food, BEER, sleep, start over.  The only change if I'm doing a low & slow during the morning is I substitute COFFEE for BEER. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • DocWonmug
    DocWonmug Posts: 300
    Options
    Fire, food.....warmth from the Wife....sleep is the correct sequence. Since you made a biblical reference.
    LBGE
  • DocWonmug
    DocWonmug Posts: 300
    Options
    And don't leave out the wine.
    LBGE
  • jfarley
    jfarley Posts: 145
    Options
    I love the primal aspects to BBQ. It connects us to our ancient ancestors. But I'm glad to do it with a Beer as Fred says, and without the threat of a sabre-toothed tiger pouncing on me.
    LBGE - July 2012
    Valencia, CA
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    The only change if I'm doing a low & slow during the morning is I substitute COFFEE for BEER. 
    problem solved 

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I believe Wife (I don’t use her name but her title and always capitalize it as some Bibles always capitalize any member of the Trinity) have entered a primitive state. We eat some sort of brunch and then discuss what’s for dinner which turns into hunting/gathering at the local food houses. Is there some sort of ancient gene that has been turned on? Has sniffing carbon monoxide and wood smoke reduced me to a much earlier predecessor? This is new to me and somehow very, very old. Fire, food, sleep, start over. All the “important issues” fade. Has anyone else else experienced this?
    <br/ +1 :D
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.