Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Custom Handles

divr71divr71 Posts: 45
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I lost the contact for these handles. Can someone re-post the contact information? Thanks for your help.
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    edited October 2012
    Which ones? Sparky on the other forum does them, Lawn Ranger used to do them and Danny  Beaulieu  does as well

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • divr71divr71 Posts: 45
    It doesn't matter, which ever you guys think is best. Thanks!
    ·

That's not a question I'm going to answer as I know all of them.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • divr71divr71 Posts: 45
    Sorry about that. I'll try to get in touch with Sparky first, since we are sure he still does them. thanks again.
    ·
    Check the post above

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Well I guess I just done gone and made it the post below. I am not a smart man

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,219
    That's it.  I'm gonna make a custom handle.  Step 1.  get tree.  Step 2. Cut out a board.

To be continued....

·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    I provided link for you on the other post you had asking but I'm not familiar with two of the people Steven mentioned. I can only speak for Danny bc I've seen his work but it is top notch and very popular. I have no doubt other guys are also good. Compare prices to start with. Last I saw Danny was $70 shipped.
    Boom
    ·
  • Just got mine from Danny. great communication and awesome work.
    handle.JPG 13.3K
    Brandon, MS
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Just got mine from Danny. great communication and awesome work.
    Oh my God...he butchered it!  How could he think anyone would want a Gator handle????  I would ask for my money back  =))
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    I know of three different custom handle makers: Danny (http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-handle.html), Sparky (contact him at greeneggers forum), and Marty (http://www.amlwoodart.com/). Their styles and levels of customization vary so I'd recommend you check them all out and pick the one that best fits your needs. If you have a large Egg you'll want to be specific about the size handle assembly you have. Here's a post about the newer larger handle on the large Egg: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1240965/#Comment_1240965
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • Got mine from Danny as well.
    018.JPG 1.3M
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,450
    Another shout out for Danny.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • chrisnjennchrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited October 2012

Mike's dad made me one a couple of years ago.  It is as nice today as it was when I recieved it.  I highly recommend buying one from him.  He will design anything you want from a picture you give him.

·
  • Here is mine from Mike's dad.
    ·
  • tgklemantgkleman Posts: 206

That's it.  I'm gonna make a custom handle.  Step 1.  get tree.  Step 2. Cut out a board.

To be continued....

MMMm...  Aromatic cedar.  I love that smell.
    ·
  • Here is mine from Danny. He did a great job
    image.jpg 1.1M
    ·