Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Custom Handles

divr71divr71 Posts: 45
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I lost the contact for these handles. Can someone re-post the contact information? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,360
    edited October 2012
    Which ones? Sparky on the other forum does them, Lawn Ranger used to do them and Danny  Beaulieu  does as well

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• divr71divr71 Posts: 45
    It doesn't matter, which ever you guys think is best. Thanks!

That's not a question I'm going to answer as I know all of them.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• divr71divr71 Posts: 45
    Sorry about that. I'll try to get in touch with Sparky first, since we are sure he still does them. thanks again.
    Check the post above

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Well I guess I just done gone and made it the post below. I am not a smart man

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,354
    That's it.  I'm gonna make a custom handle.  Step 1.  get tree.  Step 2. Cut out a board.

To be continued....

• FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,874
    I provided link for you on the other post you had asking but I'm not familiar with two of the people Steven mentioned. I can only speak for Danny bc I've seen his work but it is top notch and very popular. I have no doubt other guys are also good. Compare prices to start with. Last I saw Danny was $70 shipped.
    Boom
  • Just got mine from Danny. great communication and awesome work.
    handle.JPG 13.3K
    Brandon, MS
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Just got mine from Danny. great communication and awesome work.
    Oh my God...he butchered it!  How could he think anyone would want a Gator handle????  I would ask for my money back  =))
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    I know of three different custom handle makers: Danny (http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-handle.html), Sparky (contact him at greeneggers forum), and Marty (http://www.amlwoodart.com/). Their styles and levels of customization vary so I'd recommend you check them all out and pick the one that best fits your needs. If you have a large Egg you'll want to be specific about the size handle assembly you have. Here's a post about the newer larger handle on the large Egg: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1240965/#Comment_1240965
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • Got mine from Danny as well.
    018.JPG 1.3M
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,471
    Another shout out for Danny.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • chrisnjennchrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited October 2012

Mike's dad made me one a couple of years ago.  It is as nice today as it was when I recieved it.  I highly recommend buying one from him.  He will design anything you want from a picture you give him.

• Here is mine from Mike's dad.
  • tgklemantgkleman Posts: 206

That's it.  I'm gonna make a custom handle.  Step 1.  get tree.  Step 2. Cut out a board.

To be continued....

MMMm...  Aromatic cedar.  I love that smell.
  • Here is mine from Danny. He did a great job
    image.jpg 1.1M