Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Rental?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone! Glad to find these forums.[p]We're doing a 2 week house rental in Falmouth, MA on Cape Cod. We live about 5 hours away, and I don't want to risk bringing my own egg along (plus space in the ole family vehicle would be a bit too tight!). Anyone happen to know a way to rent an egg in that area? My parents are coming to visit and I wanted to treat them to some Egg cooking! Plus, I just can't immagine being away from my egg that long.

Comments

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    NYEggFreak,
    We don't even have any dealers on Cape Cod anymore, and I've never heard of Eggs for rent. You might try Ash Away Hearth & Chimney on Rt 6 in N Dartmouth, about 50 minutes driving from Falmouth, halfway between New Bedford and Fall River just off I-195. They cook regularly at the store and might have a demo that they could rent you for the right price. Phone 508-993-5577.[p]Cheers,
    C~Q

• Fishkiller
    Fishkiller Posts: 42
    Options
    NYEggFreak,
    I certainly do not know of any egg rental services, I checked with a good friend who is the XO of the Coast Guard base there (he's also an Egg freak). A partner and I have a frozen drink machine (i.e. margarita machine) rental business in south Alabama/N.W. Florida that we have thought about expanding to rent a couple of BGE. It's more of a "toy" business that has done pretty well. We have also thought about beginning a catering company for outdoor events using eggs. There is the problem of pricing for an egg rental...what would be a fair fee considering that you can buy a cheap gasser for <$75 and what would be the marketing approach? Then again, people who are curious about BGE might want to rent one for @ $50 a weekend just to make a decision about investing in one of their own. I guess it's more of an excuse to buy more BGE's and justify it to our wives...sort of like the margarita machines.
    Fishkiller