Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Are food posts still allowed?

Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I tried a new marinade for shrimp that was excellent.  I inserted a slice of jalapeno in the shrimp, then wrapped it in bacon before grilling.
Also, made a homemade New England Clam Chowder for supper.

My apologies to our New England eggers.  I used canned minced clams.  We have clams down here, but they are expensive and I like to save them for linguini alle vongole.

Marinade recipe follows after pictures.

P.S. I probably wouldn't have posted, but I thought we needed a change of subject.

Marinate, Shrimp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe By: Internet

Ingredients:

3 cloves Garlic, minced

1/3 cup Olive oil

1/4 cup Tomato sauce

2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar

2 tablespoons Basil, fresh chopped

1/2 teaspoon Salt

1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

2 pounds Shrimp, peeled, deveined

Directions:

In a large bowl, stir together the garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and red wine vinegar. Season with basil, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,017
    Purdy food.  Want.

·
  • Hey! This is a forum about people's feelings! Take that food garbage somewhere else :)) Nice looking cook G. Thanks for getting us back on track.

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    Very pretty as usual bud!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,220
    As always great cook and presentation-but don't I remember revisionist history about Texas Clam Chowder or and I am totally missing the mark-thought it was in some history book :)>-
    Louisville
    ·
    I'm going to report you to the moderators, BGE corp, the Pope, my neighborhood patrol guy and Zarlog, emperor of the planet DBag, sir, for posting food pictures on a riot forum.  You should be ashamed for cooking delicious looking food when all hell is breaking lose.

riot.jpg 178.7K

·
  • lousubcap said:
    As always great cook and presentation-but don't I remember revisionist history about Texas Clam Chowder or and I am totally missing the mark-thought it was in some history book :)>-
    You obviously were winking at the girl on the next row in high school history class, so you missed an important lesson.

When the conquistadors came up through Texas from Mexico, they learned to cook clam chowder from the Karankawa Indians and the Texas Rangers.  On they went up the east coast to New England.  It was there that they taught the native New Englanders how to cook clam chowder.  It's all in the Texas history books.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·

Wow.  You've seen my setup, I see.  That's my low and slow.  You should see the searing pictures.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
    Hahahaha....that's funny.  This is fun..

I gotta run, we're headed out to a movie.

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,442
    Very nice VI.  I always enjoy your presentation.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • BOWHUNR said:
    Very nice VI.  I always enjoy your presentation.

Mike
    Wow!  A decent and nice reply.  Thank you, Bowhunr !!

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,383
    @Village Idiot looks great  nice presentation gonna have to try this the great thing is am the only one that likes shrimp so no sharing  :))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,805
    Looks good, Gary...... or should I say St. Anthony of Padua
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Nice looking cook, VI.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • @VI I bookmarked a recipe from late June posted by Howdy Doody, I've just been waiting for the right kind of weather. Howdy must be reading the same history books as you.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • @VI I bookmarked a recipe from late June posted by Howdy Doody, I've just been waiting for the right kind of weather. Howdy must be reading the same history books as you.
    Hokie,

I don't like to think about Howdy Doody.  Travis said something that cut me to the bone.  He said "I knew Howdy Doody.  Howdy Doody was a friend of mine.  And, VI, you're no Howdy Doody".

I was devastated.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 748
    Looks great... Bookmarked!!!
    ·
    Hokie,

I don't like to think about Howdy Doody.  Travis said something that cut me to the bone.  He said "I knew Howdy Doody.  Howdy Doody was a friend of mine.  And, VI, you're no Howdy Doody".

I was devastated.
    You should have reported him to the BGE moderator for those hurtful comments.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,215
    Ncc recipe?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • henapple said:
    Ncc recipe?
    What is Ncc?  This is the link to the recipe.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
    Clam chowder...sorry
    ·
  • henapple said:
    Ncc recipe?
    This is the recipe I used for the Ncc.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·

henapple said:

Ncc recipe?

This is the recipe I used for the Ncc.

Thanks
    ·
  • DonWWDonWW Posts: 259
    VI, very nice.  And, a quick nod to the plating and photos.  Nice all the way around.
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.
    ·
  • DonWW said:
    VI, very nice.  And, a quick nod to the plating and photos.  Nice all the way around.

+1 A feast for the eyes.  I bet it was tasty!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·