Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

eggheadforum on facebook

2»

Comments

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    I'd like to see the reactions of a good portion of this forums participants if they spent a little time cruising around the 4-chan forums....talk about ruffling feathers. This place would seem like Mr. Rogers neighborhood in comparison.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

Sometimes you gotta pick yer moments. You flyin yet? The D Bag one is a classic BTW

Why don't you just make out with him already? If the army allows it, there is no need to hide your man crush.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

It's all Platonic man. Though if I were....

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Sometimes you gotta pick yer moments. You flyin yet? The D Bag one is a classic BTW

nah, I got another hour before I fly. I thought it was funny, but I think all my stuff is funny
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I'm sure you do. Have a good flight

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I've been taking an EMT class at central Texas college the last few weeks and even the civi instructors call "no homo" when they act like you two. It's the proper thing to do.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Sent an email to the corporate marketing department and the link to the FB page, they replied indicating their appreciation and intention to look into it. Low and behold, it appears the FB page is no longer there.

I'm all for free speech and opinion, regardless of which side of the fence, I am not, however, a fan of fraudulent representation and the intent to tarnish a reputation of others.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited October 2012
    I was very bored on Friday (10/26) so I visited his eggheadforum FB page. I was also very heated about the griffin poll fiasco so I spent about 30 minutes spamming his page.

I posted "This guy is a fake! This page is not affiliated with Big Green Egg. Don't be fooled." on every single post he made for the last few months. I also posted my unhappiness with the poll on his Campaign Poll for Juanita wall post.

I immediately started getting spam messages from Facebook and within 2-3 minutes, access to his page was no longer present. I don't know if he temporarily shut it down, if FB shut it down based on my messages or if BGE got FB to pull it down.

I said in another thread that it was going to be my goal to shut it down...it just took a lot less effort than I thought it would.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Either way, the troll is gone. For now.