Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

replacment parts

Options
wirefire
wirefire Posts: 1
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
My egg firebox has cracked.  Anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement firebox.. I am having a heck of a time finding one.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Call the home office?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If you can get a warranty replacement, go for it.  Then keep it stored safely in your garage and keep using the cracked one.
    Options
    If not under warranty for whatever reason, any dealer can get a part for you. The parts are not cheap, for a large maybe $150-$200 depending on the dealer. There are some great posts of guys using a fire box in about 10 pieces, still works just fine, so if not badly broken and no warranty replacement, just keep cooking. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Any auto parts store and some JB weld.  Will enable you to have piece of mind and then follow Skiddymarker above.  You will have an installed spare for years.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • wirefire
    Options
    Thanks to all for your imput!!
  • scooter759
    Options
    Just got my large firebox replaced under warranty. It had a hairline crack in it. Emailed a picture of it to my dealer and had thge new one in a week. As Lou stated, I now have an installed spare. Also noted the box had an MSRP on the firebox of $116.95.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN