Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

eggheadforum on facebook

jbates67jbates67 Posts: 160
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Why is the egghead forum on facebook getting into politics? All is see are pro-Obama and anti-Romney garbage on the page. I liked the page thinking I was going to get some decent perspectives on cooking, certainly not politics. Regardless of who you are for, good God, create your own personal page and spew that garbage. Where are the moderators (key word moderate), when you need them.
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,425
    This was brought up last week. This fb page is not affiliated with BGE.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • HDmstngHDmstng Posts: 161
    Not sure it is an official site.  There is a Big Green Egg page on facebook though.
    ·
  • HDmstngHDmstng Posts: 161
    edited October 2012
    As found on their "about" link...    This fan page is not affiliated or endorsed by Big Green Egg orwww.eggheadforum.com,
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,420
    I think Tweev runs it. No, do  not take this as a put down.... I am working on staying nice.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • BhinkyBhinky Posts: 5
    I liked it too, then saw what was going on.  I'm a Canuck, it sort of shocked me....
    ·
  • It is run by another Cannuck :) ........thanks Little Steven !

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Apparently he's campaigning on his page to get Juanita to beat me in the throwdown. And he said I made some sexist comment? I don't even know who this is or what he's got against me.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • that FB page is ran by Tweev. 

It is NOT, nor has EVER been officially sanctioned by BGE corp. 

He has made himself a pariah on the old forum, as well as this one.  He has also been trying to hack into my account (unsuccessfully). 

so, unless you want to "like" something by someone who has been considered a troll on both forums, and unless you enjoy your Big Green Egg skewed by political bias, and unless you wish to have your accounts hacked, then I'd suggest not liking that FB page, nor interacting w/ it or him. 
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    It is run by another Cannuck :) ........thanks Little Steven !
    Hey now, I already told you I hate Canadians so don't blame me. I'm a cajun in a little short cold body.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,128
    tweeve stirring the pot, arms gotta be getting tired by now
    :))
    ·

• It is run by another Cannuck :) ........thanks Little Steven !

Hey now, I already told you I hate Canadians so don't blame me. I'm a cajun in a little short cold body.

:))

Love it.

·
  • Mickey said:

I think Tweev runs it. No, do  not take this as a put down.... I am working on staying nice.

I've heard recently that I need to work on That too :)

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,821
    Sweet. My fb profile is something I don't care about. I'm going over there and getting belligerent.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • jbates67jbates67 Posts: 160
    I should have known....tangled with Tweev on this forum when I first joined. I'm a fan of the official BGE page on FB just thought the forum one on FB would be an extension of this.

Seems some people should leave their mothers basements and check out reality sometimes....
    ·
    What's the name of the page? Link?
    ·
    Maybe I can get some of the S-6 guys to hack his stuff. Those guys are huge nerds.
    ·
  • jbates67jbates67 Posts: 160
    Honestly the moderator of this forum should file a complaint and have the page pulled. If it's not affiliated there's a way to notify FB and let them know and they'll pull the page down.....Crazy what people end up doing. Kind of a bipolar, Cybil like persona....
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,425
    The site is pulling against Griffin on the cook off....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • henapple said:

The site is pulling against Griffin on the cook off....

It's an original forum member sticking his thumb in the eye of BGE and the forum. He's still on here. If you want my advice (and who wouldn't) give this one a wide berth. If this gets roiled up, this place will go up in flames :)).

·
    And people were upset about the cussin' the other day eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • And people were upset about the cussin' the other day eh?

That little dust up will be but a mere blip on the radar if this goes off. Those with Thin skin can go ahead and get their letters to the mods, BGE corporate, INTERPOL, and whoever else might listen. As an elder statesman, I (as always) will stay above the fray. You can add the names of the offending in after the fact. There will be many :))

·
    Locked and loaded!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Bhinky said:
    I liked it too, then saw what was going on.  I'm a Canuck, it sort of shocked me....

This one is a tad...different?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    I get trolling for like a few days. But doesn't it get old? And don't you have other things to do with your time?
    Boom
    ·
  • And people were upset about the cussin' the other day eh?

That little dust up will be but a mere blip on the radar if this goes off. Those with Thin skin can go ahead and get their letters to the mods, BGE corporate, INTERPOL, and whoever else might listen. As an elder statesman, I (as always) will stay above the fray. You can add the names of the offending in after the fact. There will be many :))
    What cussing?  Musta missed that one...Gawd I need to stop traveling so much.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Bhinky said:

This one is a tad...different?
    Now that is an understatement :)
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·

Joan,

I missed it too. I still have all my demerit points. I'm good to go

B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Joan,

I missed it too. I still have all my demerit points. I'm good to go

B-)

I did the opposite of missing it. Kinda started it. The villagers were out 'en masse trying to run Centex out of town. I think it's settled down....unless so many angry letters were written to Corporate that they have not had time to sift through the evidence. It was all PG but feathers were ruffled.

·
    Sometimes you gotta pick yer moments. You flyin yet? The D Bag one is a classic BTW

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·