Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Finally found good BBQ in Birmingham, AL!!!

BigGreenBamaGrillerBigGreenBamaGriller Posts: 583
edited October 2012 in Off Topic
Anyone who lives near or travels through Birmingham must try Saw's BBQ in downtown Homewood. The BBQ and sauce have a unique flavor and is a definite must!!!

Sorry for the shameless plug, but I have been disappointed by every BBQ joint I have tried in the area so far...
Killen, AL (The Shoals)
XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs

Comments

• GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 398
    I think there is a Moe's in Birmingham now.  You need to try that out if you haven't yet.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • I have tried it. I think it is one of the better ones out there, but I don't get excited about it.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
  • Will have to try soon! Jim n Nicks on 280 my fav for now but I look forward to checking this out
  • Dreamland isn't bad either.
    Dreamland in Huntsville is decent, but I grew up going to the original in Tuscaloosa.  I don't know if it's just the memories from being a kid or if it's because it's not the same cooks, but it's just not as good.  
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • No Dreamland is as good as the original in Tuscaloosa. <---period
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    agreed

Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    edited October 2012
    @BigGreenBamaGriller,

You and I must have completely different tastes in barbecue. I have no trouble at all finding good barbecue in the Birmingham area. Sure, there are also plenty of places where it is not so good.

If you're ever in the Alabaster area, try Buddy's. It has been great for longer than I can remember.

Tim
  • I will definitely give it a try. I don't want to name any of the places that I've tried and am not impressed with, but it is the 6 or 7 names you see around birmingham repeatedly. I am not saying they are all bad, but nothing makes me say "Wow, I gotta have that again!"
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
  • ratcheer said:
    @BigGreenBamaGriller,

You and I must have completely different tastes in barbecue. I have no trouble at all finding good barbecue in the Birmingham area. Sure, there are also plenty of places where it is not so good.

If you're ever in the Alabaster area, try Buddy's. It has been great for longer than I can remember.

Tim

x2 on Buddy's .  Most places these days try to have a fancy building and decorations on the walls....