Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lessons Learned and the weekend Cook

Options
fletcherfam
fletcherfam Posts: 935
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Not sure if anyone else has this problem when they cook a meal for the first time... I am horrible at estimating how long it will take.

I made smoked mac and cheese this weekend. Started at 5:00pm, ate at around 8:00pm. Yea, not the fastest, or best cook in the county.

Wife reminded me that when I make something for the first time I need to start earlier in the day, fail.

On the other hand, my 4 year old who doesn't like homemade mac and cheese devoured hers that night. The 2 year old girl couldn't get enough of the left over smoked cheese we had. The wife loved the mac and cheese as well, she liked it so much that she bought 2 extra 2lb blocks of cheese for me to smoke this next week so we can have it in the fridge. (It was actually really really really easy).

On the down side... that was the most expensive mac and cheese I have ever made ($40) as I didn't have any of the ingredients in the house.

Pics to follow soon hopefully.

Oh, forgot to mention, I used NecessaryIndulgences recipe, and just smoked everything with some Hickory. Added some Chorizo and a little Byron's Butt Rub.

Comments