Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A big thanks all around

halo42halo42 Posts: 6
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I needed a new grill a month back.  Being a gas grill user for the past ~10 years I was skeptical about burning another fuel and the time and headache associated with charcoal.  This forum pushed me in the right direction; I bought an XL and haven't looked back!

So, thanks to everyone for all the recipes and tips  You're appreciated and have helped us make some great food!

Pizza (three batches so far and better every time!!):

Pork Loin Roll:

Beer Brats and veggies:

Pork Chops and ABTs:

11 hour pork shoulder:

pork, BBQ sauce, pickles and onion rings

·

Comments

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,272
    I just want to say that I envy all forum members who post pics of their Eggs on a patio poolside.  I'm very happy with my current setup/house, but would love to have a inground pool setup like these.  Eggerton is another that comes to mind.  Well done sirs!
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Nice looking cooks!!! Got to love the egg.
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,001
    Nice Pics!!!  pork, BBQ sauce, pickles and onion rings - I'm ready for lunch!!!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,063
    Dang, you have a pretty strong start!!!  It's going to be a great fall at your house.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    How many days did you cook all that in?  Just this past weekend?
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • Looking good! I don't think any true BBQ enthusiast will ever regret buying a BGE.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • halo42halo42 Posts: 6
    r270ba said:
    How many days did you cook all that in?  Just this past weekend?
    Ha, no.  Each pic is a separate cook, all but the brats inspired by this forum and it's contributors.
    ·
  • Congrats on the new egg, the pizzas look great.
    ·
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    Love my XL as well. Congrats on the purchase. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,272
    Sgt93 said:
    Love my XL as well. Congrats on the purchase. 
    +1   My purchase and love of my Egg is reaffirmed and grows with each and every cook I do.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,828
    @halo42 - good looking cooks, congrats and thanks for sharing. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·