Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Beef...3rd Stage

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
dinner.jpg
<p />I must say I was skeptical after reading so many success/failure stories about pulled beef. But, I've got to tell you....ClayQ has got it down pat. The timing /temps are almost exact. I used Dizzy Pig Cowlick as instructed, and only varied from the recipe by adding a couple of Tbs. of Balsamic at the beginning of the second stage.[p]It's a relatively long 8 - 10 hour cook, but one that makes for an enjoyable day of putzing around the Egg while you get some other stuff done, too.[p]The beef definitely doesn't take a back seat to pork when done with this method. I used 5 pounds of simple, select chuck shoulder. I ended with almost zero fat. This is a real good recipe. I'm looking forward to eating it for days.[p]The Guava is incredible. I'm going to be hard pressed to use anything else from now on because the Guava is so multi....well....everything. My neighbor commented to me this afternoon how wonderful the neighborhood smelled. He couldn't put his finger on it, but .....that seems to be what Guava is all about.....you can't explain it.[p]BTW, Chubby gets a big AttaBoy for his sweet sauce. It was perfect for this cook. He should probably give a jar with each GrateMate.[p]Of course, this is just my opinion.[p]Mike

Comments