Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza and cookies

travisstrick
travisstrick Posts: 5,002
edited October 2012 in Baking
Chicken, bacon, artichoke, basil, and herb pizza. Cooked 500 for 10min. Setup is Platesetter legs up with grid on top. I placed a super cheap stone on top and used parchment paper under the pie. 

The pizza was a 10 and the cookies sucked. It was my first time making cookies on the egg and I blew it. They were over done on the bottom. 

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Pizza looks great.  I don't like cookies anyway.
    The Roots are playing love on youtube. They are at ACL, a live music fest in Austin, TX. Its worth a look-see.
  • The pizza was a 10 and the cookies sucked. It was my first time making cookies on the egg and I blew it. They were over done on the bottom. 

My Uncle has a saying that I still use today.  "They're not burned (or over done).  They're crisp!"  Makes it sound desireable.
    Flint, Michigan
  • I've done the Digonero pizza and cookies a couple of times. Cookies are weird the next day cause they are real smokey. Good reason to eat em all the first night! Also doesn't take long at all at 600•

Good looking pies. Doing pizza tomorrow night.

XLBGE 
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Nice mix of flavors on the pizza.  Looks good.
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    The pizza was a 10 and the cookies sucked. It was my first time making cookies on the egg and I blew it. They were over done on the bottom. 

My Uncle has a saying that I still use today.  "They're not burned (or over done).  They're crisp!"  Makes it sound desireable.
    The dog could have shat on them and the cat could have sprayed on them and my grandfather would have still eaten them. 

He would be ready to fight over the smallest waste. He's 94 and going strong, today. 
  • That's my mother-in-law all over!  I laughed so hard my beer, well, I've got to change my shirt. 

Flint, Michigan
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Like the pie combo, never tried artichokes, assume fresh? 

My Dad used to always refer to his overdone kitchen adventures as having "really good texture and will put hair on your chest". 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Artichokes take forever to cook.  Always use them cooked, canned or from a jar or they'll have a texture like rope.