Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sorry guys...

Options
thehumanrake
thehumanrake Posts: 28
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Dumb question I know... Doing an ass of ribs for the USC v. LSU game tonight. Was gonna do standard 3-1-1 at 250 or lower. Problem is, I got a little excited. Ribs are on at 175... Game doesn't start until 8. Do I need help or just stay low and slow? Thanks.

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Stay the course. Don't foil it will only speed up cooking. Internal temp is hard to measure on ribs because of bone to meat ratio. Go by bend (should nearly fold over on itself) or toothpick into the meatiest part to test doneness (should slide in and out with no resistance). FTC if done early and about 20-30 sauce and toss on the grill to firm it up before serving if you so choose.
  • thehumanrake
    Options
  • GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    Options
    Wrap them in foil and put them in a cooler if they are done early.  You want to put them in the smallest cooler that you have that they will fit in.  Fill the extra space with towels if you need to.  This will keep them warm for a few hours without cooking them further.  
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    GreenhawK said:
    Wrap them in foil and put them in a cooler if they are done early.  You want to put them in the smallest cooler that you have that they will fit in.  Fill the extra space with towels if you need to.  This will keep them warm for a few hours without cooking them further.  
    +10  I always (if I have time) get the ribs done at least an hour early, so I can relax or do other parts of the meal.
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    And Gooooooo 'Cocks!!!!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    Options
    And don't cut them before you are ready to serve.
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO