Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sorry guys...

thehumanrakethehumanrake Posts: 16
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Dumb question I know... Doing an ass of ribs for the USC v. LSU game tonight. Was gonna do standard 3-1-1 at 250 or lower. Problem is, I got a little excited. Ribs are on at 175... Game doesn't start until 8. Do I need help or just stay low and slow? Thanks.
·

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    Stay the course. Don't foil it will only speed up cooking. Internal temp is hard to measure on ribs because of bone to meat ratio. Go by bend (should nearly fold over on itself) or toothpick into the meatiest part to test doneness (should slide in and out with no resistance). FTC if done early and about 20-30 sauce and toss on the grill to firm it up before serving if you so choose.
    ·
  • Thanks man...
    ·
  • GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 398
    Wrap them in foil and put them in a cooler if they are done early.  You want to put them in the smallest cooler that you have that they will fit in.  Fill the extra space with towels if you need to.  This will keep them warm for a few hours without cooking them further.  
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    GreenhawK said:
    Wrap them in foil and put them in a cooler if they are done early.  You want to put them in the smallest cooler that you have that they will fit in.  Fill the extra space with towels if you need to.  This will keep them warm for a few hours without cooking them further.  
    +10  I always (if I have time) get the ribs done at least an hour early, so I can relax or do other parts of the meal.
    ·
  • And Gooooooo 'Cocks!!!!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    ·
  • ZickZick Posts: 171
    And don't cut them before you are ready to serve.
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
    ·