Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Lamb rib suggestions

SweepTheLegSweepTheLeg Posts: 3
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hello fellow eggheads, would anyone have good lamb rib recipe? Will trade for rib pictures.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,499
    I haven't done then but there was a butcher that did them at Toronto fest a couple of years back. He used his own rub and they were excellent. He did them at 350* I would expect a rub would include, rosemary, thyme, garlic and mint

Caledon, ON

• makismakis Posts: 81
    Been Greek lamb is a stable in our diet.

i would go with a rub or marinade just like Little Seven said.However I would leave out the mint( too British) and go with oregano. Also if you make "pockets" with a knife and "hide" some Parmesan or Pecorino cheese taste will benefit a lot !
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,939
    Here is the way I like to do them.  If you have some rosemary twigs use for smoke.

2 Racks    Lamb  
    1 Pkg    Asparagus  
    Lamb Marinade:  
    1 cup    Italian Salad Dressing  
    4-6   Cloves Garlic, Whole  
    1/3 cup    Sweet or Red Onion, Diced  
    1/3 cup    Rosemary, Fresh Leaves  
    1 Tbs    Black Pepper, Fresh Ground  
    1 pinch    Sea Salt  
    1/4 cup    Balsamic Vinegar  
    1   Lemon, Juice From  

Zaatar, (Optional)  

Fresh Mint leaves, ( Optional )  
    1/4 cup    Soy Sauce, ( Optional )  

1 Place all in blender and puree. Place meat in ziploc bag and marinate for 4-6 hours, overnight is OK but be careful after 12 hours as the lemon juice has a tendency to "COOK" the meat.
    2 This works well for lamb kabobs, legs, rack or shoulders and shanks.
    3 Soy sauce may be added for optional flavor.,
    4 If doing shanks, like to cut into 1 1/2-2 inch pieces as this tends to reduce the cooking time.
    5 Save the rosemary twigs for smoke!
    I think the OP is talking about ribs not racks.

Caledon, ON

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,939
    edited October 2012
    Is there a difference between rack of lamb and lamb ribs? Unless you are referring to a saddle of lamb.
    I think the OP is talking about ribs not racks.

Yes I think saddle is the right term. In beef they would be side ribs. Rack would be prime rib.

Caledon, ON