Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What happened?

esdd
esdd Posts: 44
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

I am new to the egg, I have tried a few things over the last week and all turned out fairly well. Tonight I picked up a Papa Murphy pizza, fired up the egg, ran the temp up to about 700 then allowed to cool to about 450 then threw the pizza on the stone. It cooked up in about 12 minutes the crust was nice and brown, the cheese on top began to brown slightly. All looked good for the first pizza in the egg. Then disaster struck, the pizza tasted like an old ashtray smells. When I started the fire I dumped in fresh charcoal on top of what was left from sundays wings, gave it a stir and lit with a torch. As the charcoal came up to temp it was smoking heavily, the smoke quit at about 550 deg, let temp go to about 700 for ten minutes then closed the damper and the daisy wheel and let the temp drift to about 450 and put the pizza in. WHAT HAPPENED?????? The taste is horrible!!!!!! I am sure I didn't order old stinky ashtray pizza!!!!!!!

Comments