Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini questions

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A couple weeks ago my sweet wife surprised me with a mini. I have yet to use it as I'm thinking of where to place it...my small and large are in my table and there is no room. My medium is in a nest with wings and I'll quite happy with that so where will "Baby" be used...? I'm thinking of the travel aspect and may make a WessB version of his travel box/stand. In the meantime what are my other options? Does it need the feet (as they did not come with it)? I thought somewhere I read to use the metal stand made for a BGE Chiminea - but were do you buy just the stand? Any ideas out there would be appreciated!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• randomegger
    randomegger Posts: 194
    Options
    RRP,[p]Mine came with feet but I liked the optional metal stand. It tends to rock a bit in the stand but I kind of like it setting up high on the table like that. I carry the feet in a 'travel bucket' for use up at the cabin.[p]RE
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ron,[p]A few months ago someone on this forum showed their Mini in a metal plant stand like would be used to hold a large pot. If I remember right, I think he paid about 15 dollars for it and it really looked great. Maybe he or she will post the picture again??? I did lok for one at a local place but couldn't find one but I am sure they are out there. [p]Dave

• Spike
    Spike Posts: 37
    Options
    RRP,
    i put extentions on a metal stool and a round grid below.
    happy cooking
    jerry

[ul][li]mini with metal stand[/ul]
  • Unknown
    Options
    spike,
    like the your idea for the stand, one question is what is the mini resting on? Can't tell from the picture. Is it just suspended in the top ring of the stool?

• Unknown
    Options
    gdube16,
    on your question no its not resting on the ring.where the legs meet the top ring i cut the 4 tabs off that held the seat on. i drilled a hole at each leg top on the inside and tapped it for 1/4" threads.a short screw with a washer that the mini sits on
    jerry