Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Getting demo egg at eggfest!

Hotrodden
Hotrodden Posts: 16
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hey all, Getting into the egg world and getting my first egg at eggfest next week. Yes I said my first. I feel others will follow. Been looking at the egg for over two years and drooling while getting propane for the gas grill. Wife kept telling me NO. Well took her to a local dealer that was cooking on one and after she ate there chicken and brats she was hooked. Have been reading post here for last month and a half and can not wait to get it home. Been reading the recipes on looking at all of the photos here and can not decide what I should try first. Looking forward to meeting and learning for a lot of you next week! It will be a great time!
Lets keep the beer cold and the eggs burning!

Comments

• Steaks are always a good first! Congrats on the new Egg! enjoy!
    Brandon, MS
  • If she likes ribs do her some baby back turbo style or a nice plump spatchcock chicken with some camp bread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Well today is the day I get my egg! I'm excited and can't wait to get it home to fire it up. Just wanted to give a big thanks to all on this forum.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Congrats! Ask a ton of questions at the EggFest and you'll have a leg up on most new eggers right out the gate.

Have fun and we look forward to seeing your cooks!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Thanks Cazzy and I can't wait to try making your wings I heard so much about. =P~
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'm jealous....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Hey hotrodden I got my large 2 weeks ago and been cooking on it every night!. Congrats on your new egg!. What part of town are you from? I live in McDonough , not going to make it to the eggfest but will next year!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE

• Kosko said:
    Hey hotrodden I got my large 2 weeks ago and been cooking on it every night!. Congrats on your new egg!. What part of town are you from? I live in McDonough , not going to make it to the eggfest but will next year!
    Eggfest was great. Live in Jasper County SC. Got home Sunday night and set egg and threw on some pork chops that was in fridge. Had a hard time to get temp right on egg. I guess it will take a little practice to get the hang of it. Sorry no pics do not now how to add them here, but it did happen.