Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

eggfest ?

Options
jrf316
jrf316 Posts: 55
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
i have been egging for about 3-4 months now and there is going to be an eggfest in plano tx pretty soon; november 3 to be exact.
what does one do at an eggfest?  i think you have to pay to attend, what does paid entry to an eggfest get you?  sampling of the cooked food?

thanks

Visca Barca
Mes Que Un Club

Comments

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    I attended a Eggfest in June and it cost $40 to attend, there was more food to sample than that and when you came in you received a shopping bag with some rubs, tee-shirt, a real nice nozzle for the garden hose, some kind of solar powered led light for the garden and some other stuff I don't remember now probably another $40 worth. Even without that we had a great time and learned a few things and met some nice people. I would go again. Gerhard
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

jrf316 Plano charges $10 for non-cooks and zero if you cook. Come March 16th at Salado we do not have any charge to tasters or cooks. The Texas Fest I think charges $25 and no-charge for cooks. You will get your money out of any fest you go to. You will learn more in the 4 to 6 hours than you can learn in a year on your own. What I am saying, your money is well spent.

If you cook you will  spend much more in the product you cook and give away. My advice is for your first fest go and just see what all is going on w/o cooking.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    gerhardk said:
    I attended a Eggfest in June and it cost $40 to attend, there was more food to sample than that and when you came in you received a shopping bag with some rubs, tee-shirt, a real nice nozzle for the garden hose, some kind of solar powered led light for the garden and some other stuff I don't remember now probably another $40 worth. Even without that we had a great time and learned a few things and met some nice people. I would go again. Gerhard
    Toronto?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    jrf316 said:
    i have been egging for about 3-4 months now and there is going to be an eggfest in plano tx pretty soon; november 3 to be exact.
    what does one do at an eggfest?  i think you have to pay to attend, what does paid entry to an eggfest get you?  sampling of the cooked food?

thanks

Hi, I'm the one putting on the Eggfest in Plano. I take it you would be coming as a guest. Well, we'll have tastings all day, plus raffle tickets are included in your registration fee. Some fests donate to charities, hence the fee, others do not. If you go to our site you will be able to get more details. You may also email me at hornhonk@verizon.net.
  • gerhardk
    Options
    Toronto?
    Yup

Gerhard
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Missed this year but they do a good job there. I am still of the opinion that an eggfest should include two nights of drunken debauchery and pre and after parties

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Missed this year but they do a good job there. I am still of the opinion that an eggfest should include two nights of drunken debauchery and pre and after parties

Did not see you at Salado Fri or Sat nights drunken debauchery :-B
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven
    Options
    You will my friend, you will

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gerhardk
    Options
    We had a good time even thought there were periods of rain, we made a weekend of it by staying at the Harbour Castle.  I said to Cherie that it looked to be an easy walk from the hotel, it turned out to be quite a hike, oh well just gave us more of an appetite.

Gerhard
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I was there last year. Some great cooks. I still don't think they should be able to call it a fest if it's only a day thing

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I will be at salado. I will also be the most hammered.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Plano has a meet and greet Friday night at the American Legion. We will also have an after party at the hotel. We'll have eggs going and booze flowing! You can just crawl to your room.