Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

help timing dinner

henapplehenapple Posts: 12,854
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Dinner is at 6 Saturday. Doing an overnight Boston butt. I would like to finish the bb around noon to free up the egg for ribs, poppers, etc...I know I can't ftc that long. Should I fridge it or take it of at 3 and turbo the ribs?
On another note. What's your favorite store bought bbq sauce. I usually use Stubbs's mixed with honey. Thanks.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,921
    Have you got a second grid of any kind?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,854
    Gas and a Weber...
    ·
  • I have made pulled pork for work using Gates BBQ sauce, everyone seemed to like it. I haven't tried it for anything else, it is a fairly thin sauce so it mixed with the pulled pork easily.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    How low does you oven go?  You can foil and keep it in there for 2 or 3 hours at 150-170 and it'll cool down slower.  Then FTC.

·
    Oven has a keep warm feature. Nola, do you slow cook or turbo ribs. I'm thinking of trying St Louis instead of bb.
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,392
    you can shoot for a 3 oclock finish time and take it out of the egg at noon, foil, and finish in the oven, or just put it in the oven a couple hours on warm and then cooler it
    ·
  • I am a fan of turbo ribs, so I would take the butt off, wrap it in foil, then in a towel, and throw it in a cooler until you are ready to pull.
    XL BGE
    ·
    Henapple, I've done them both ways,  I prefer the slow method, but I'll adjust the temp up based on my time window.

·

Henapple, I've done them both ways,  I prefer the slow methoId, but I'll adjust the temp up based on my time window.

So I could start slow and then foil at 350 to finish if need be?

·
    Absolutely.

·
    henapple said:
    Gas and a Weber...
    I meant a second grid for the egg, like a grill extender, tjv rig or a second grid with carriage bolts

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

henapple said:

Gas and a Weber...

I meant a second grid for the egg, like a grill extender, tjv rig or a second grid with carriage bolts

I do have a second grid with cb...roast on top, cwm's ribs on bottom?

·
    I would go the other way cause of the drippings from the shoulder

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Will do
    ·